Monday, December 8, 2008

His Dark Materials, My Daemon

Daemons are made up creature by Pullman, they're not real, however, everyone has one? It's the reflection of the soul, shown on the outside of the body, so naturally it's always with you, one must depend on their soul...Each daemon is different, in personality as well as form. I find it interesting that the daemon is not a direct reflection of its body counterpart, but can be more timid or more out spoken, varying with every one. Also, it makes sense that in the novel, a person cannot be too far away from their daemon without feeling pain, or a discomfort rather, which makes sense literally, because if a real human was without one's soul, they would feel incomplete and in fact not exist as a whole person, who is not a person at all. Of course I understand that is my soul which is my daemon, however, to fit in with the novel, I decided to choose and animal that would be my daemon....and I chose my cat, because I love cats, especially
mine, and I hate being away from her, and she is very comforting to me, as I am to her :) Here is picture of my daemon Izzy....she is 15 years old, and still plays like a kitten! Enjoy!


No comments: