Monday, November 3, 2008

Dream Land

There are many different theories as to why dreams happen....because its your inner want and desire, your deep down fears, something you read or saw right before you fell asleep....and my personal favorite, something you ate before climbing into bed. Alfred Alder says "...dreams were a way of addressing our insecurities. In a dream we can safely face things that would otherwise scare us. We can try out strategies for overcoming our shortcomings or simply compensate for them via wish-fulfillment." I have a dream interpreting book, which I almost never rely on because everything according to it is related back to sex. Climbing the stairs, mailing a letter, making your bed.....all sexual, it's entertaining to thumb through, but I don't trust it. Now, here is my dream:

I am walking around somewhere outside, I can tell it's day time and a nice day, however I cannot see. I'm not blind though, its a feeling of still being asleep but trying and trying to wake up...I'm walking around and my eyes wont open....in my dream this feeling was making me anxious, but at the same time seemed to be a normal occurrence. I was walking slowly beside the fence, with both my hands using the fence as a guide. Then I heard something behind me, the steps were brushing past the grass and the steps quickened. The foot steps were at a full run, I was scared and decided to start running to. I ran and let go of the fence, I dont remember the transgression or why or how it happened, but I was running up to the front doors of random peoples houses and I could see again, but it wasn't celebrated...almost like there was no difference between the before blindness and after....I was relentlessly banging and screaming on the door for them to let me in, but no one came. I ran in the back yard, over a fence and in the back door of another house, I just walked right in, crying and out of breath and begging the man to hide me and protect me, I cant place the man, but I do know that the sense I got from him was that in my dream he was familiar and I knew him, although I cant tell you who it was now that I'm awake. The chaser, man? animal? I never find out, but it finds me and we both start running, and we run to the bathroom and shut the door behind us, I lie panting on the bathroom floor, and wake up. This dream is odd for me, mostly because it was one of the most normal dreams I've ever had, and also because most of my dreams are about animals being abused, and almost never involve me, but I am a third person watching from some other place where the abusers cant hear or see me, and I am helpless.....fun huh? And just in case this contributes....I had a glass of chocolate milk and some spaghetti at 12:30 after I finished my homework. Dream on Dreamers!

No comments: