Friday, October 24, 2008

My Book and Heart Shall Never Part

I was very excited to see this movie....it was a long thursday, and I couldnt wait to sit, relax and watch it. It was not quite what I had expected. I think I was looking forward to a cornucopia of fairy tales and Dr. Sexson's granddaughter jumping into the character of each fairy tale and perhaps changing the view of it from a different perspective. There were some elements of this, however it was more generally concentrated towards the history of books and childrens learning; which was very interesting. I really enjoyed seeing how the old books were covered, from recycled wall paper, to actual boards. I would love to stumble upon one of these books, and the scrap book that contained the amazing nature drawings....they were beautiful. It was also interesting to learn that the letter J was missing in some of the first accounts of the alphabet...what the world be like today with the J? June? July?...Our summer would be non-existent! :) My favorite part of the movie was when Sexson's granddaughter gets married and she has "grown into a fine young lady" ...its funny....and then the shoe gets left behind! I did hear the question, "what is a child and I strained my ears for the long awaited answer...but I never did hear one....perhaps I missed it because I was distracted by someones beer can rolling down through the isles....! The movie was great, and I learned something, what more could I ask for...Cake! Which was good as well.

No comments: